Good On You uses the power of consumer choices to create a sustainable future. We’re creating a world where it’s easy for anyone, anywhere to shop sustainably.
The Ratings Analyst is a core part of the team that is the driving force behind Good On You’s comprehensive database of ethical brand ratings. Working closely with Good On You’s Head Of Ratings, you will analyse the ethical practices of fashion brands from all over the world, both large and small. In addition you will contribute to novel industry research and to the further development of our rating methodology and technical tools.
What you’ll do
- Research the ethical practices of brands by applying the latest Good On You rating methodology, systems and tools
- Research emerging best practice developments in ethical fashion
- Support the development of the Good On You rating methodology including testing its application and providing feedback for improvements
- Support the development of technical tools used to collect, analyse and present data including testing and providing feedback for improvements
- Manage relationships with brands including responding to queries in relation to their ethical rating
- Assist the Head of Ratings to develop technical toolkits for brands
- Analyse data from Good On You’s database to identify trends
- Assist the Head of Ratings in maintaining process documentation
- Support the Good On You founders and team to deliver on the business objectives and strategy
What you’ll bring to the role
- Excellent communication, research and time management skills
- An ability to understand and analyse complex and lengthy technical information
- Knowledge of the environmental, labour, and/or animal issues facing fashion brands
- An enthusiastic and supportive team player, who can work effectively in collaboration with others
- Willingness to work flexible hours from time to time as part of a globally located remote team
- Several years experience in a ratings agency, working on fashion supply chains, or policy research or advocacy on environmental, social and/or animal welfare issues.
- Ideally, experience in a similar startup environment and/or a relevant qualification (eg human rights, environmental science, international development)
- Commitment to the mission of Good On You
- A passion for sustainability and sustainable fashion
About Good On You
Good On You is the #1 sustainability ratings and discovery platform for consumer products, starting with fashion. We empower consumers to know the impact of brands and buy better.
Good On You mobile and web apps give users access to sustainability information where and when they need it. Over 1 million shoppers use Good On You each month to check 3500+ brand ratings and discover new brands that match their sustainable style.
Underpinning Good On You is a robust brand rating system, which aggregates leading industry standards and company data into a simple consumer-facing score. More than 100 global retailers and tech platforms like Farfetch, Afterpay and Microsoft use Good On You ratings to improve their sustainability and reach conscious shoppers.
Why work for us?
Come join a passionate and collaborative global team that lives for meaningful work. We’re making a real impact on important problems!
In this role you’ll have the chance to shape how we do things, in particular to build the product organisation that you want to be a part of.
We focus on achieving goals rather than hours spent on a task. We are a truly remote company with an established ‘work from anywhere’ policy–our 20 team members live and work all over the world. We understand that flexibility is key to productivity and job satisfaction.
Good On You’s commitment to diversity is fundamental to our company values and mission. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We also welcome requests or suggestions to adapt the recruitment process and the working conditions to meet applicants’ needs.
Reports to: Head of Ratings
Hours: Full time; Flexible work hours considered.
Location: Fully remote. Headquarters are in Sydney, Australia.
How to apply
Please complete this form to express your interest in joining Good On You.