We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of Good On You users including users of the Good On You app, website visitors, social media and any other digital products that we develop; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer or mobile device and about your visits to and use of the Good On You website or app (which may include your IP address, geographical location, device and/or browser type and version, operating system, referral source, the length of visit, page views and website and app navigation);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to the Good On You app, website, browser extension or any other digital product that you agree to use, including information relating to any purchases you make from us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our app, website services, email notifications, and newsletters (including your country or region and email address); and
- any information that you choose to send to us when contacting us using any contact form on our app, website, any independent contact form that we establish (for example for job applications or as part of a survey or competition), via our social media channels, by email, phone, or in person.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16 and we do not offer any of our products or services directly to children under the age of 13.
2. Cookies on website
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies while browsing the web by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Our website offers email subscriptions and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users. The site has the potential to offer eCommerce services and may in the future offer e-commerce and payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly. When you submit data to us through a form such as that found on our contact page, cookies may be set to remember your details for future correspondence. These do not apply if we do not offer eCommerce services or if you choose not to use them.
Customization of our online services and advert targeting
Good On You digital properties contain links to 3rd party brands and retailers with which we have an affiliate marketing relationship. Tracking links and cookies are used to identify users on Good On You properties who subsequently make purchases on partner websites, in order to charge those partners commission on sales referred from Good On You. The following data may be processed by Good On You:
- Unique Transaction ID
- Date / time
- Purchase order ID
- Purchase amount
- Purchase currency
- Unique click ID
- IP address
The Good On You affiliate network is operated using the Tune 3rd party affiliate tracking software. We have a data processing agreement (DPA) with Tune which is designed to ensure such processing is conducted in accordance with applicable laws, including EU Data Protection Legislation, and with due respect for the rights and freedoms of individuals whose Personal Data is processed.
You can opt-out of this tracking by deleting cookies in your browser associated with the following domains:
If you are still looking for more information, you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
Email: [email protected] or via the postal address at the end of this policy.
3. Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to Good On You by any means including via the Good On You app, via the Good On You web site, or given to us via email or phone, will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy and cookies policy or in relevant parts of the website, app or other digital tool.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website, app and digital tools;
- improve your experience by personalising the website, app or digital tool;
- enable your use of the services available;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- market research, internal monitoring and traffic auditing. This information is only examined in aggregate;
- send to you goods purchased (if and when that function becomes available) and supply to you services purchased;
- to deliver customisable content to you as a user;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) and non-commercial communications;
- send you email, in app or mobile phone notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to Good On You;
- provide third parties with anonymous statistical information about our website users – this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- if and when it is introduced, process financial transactions through our payment services provider, Stripe. We will share information with Stripe only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments; and
- process a job application.
Will we share your data with anyone?
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
There are other organisations who operate as data processors of personal data. , These include those that host and manage our website, app and any other digital products we offer such as browser extensions.
Will we ever profile your data?
In some limited circumstances we may combine personal information you have given us with information that is publicly available. This is to create a profile of your interests and preferences that help us to get to know you and engage better with you. If you are not happy about this, please do get in touch with us at [email protected]
Do we ever compile data and use it to contact people without their consent?
There will be people that Good On You has a legitimate interest to make direct contact with, and to store the personal information of for that purpose for example people who in their professional or voluntary role would expect to hear from Good On You such as sustainability managers at brands.
Before we contact anyone under the basis of legitimate interest we will conduct an internal assessment to be sure we are within our rights to do so.
How long will we hold data?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this privacy and cookies policy.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this privacy and cookies policy, we will not provide your information to third parties.
5. International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in or transferred in the European Economic Area (EEA) or to countries outside of the EEA where that country has data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA or where we have a data sharing agreement in place.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
6. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers. All electronic transactions and communications you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Paper documentation with personal, sensitive or confidential information will be filed and secured within a locked unit in our global office.
We have appropriate business processes in place for the recording and storage of all personal, sensitive and confidential information.
7. Policy amendments
We may update this privacy and cookies policy from time to time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
We will also notify you of significant changes to our privacy and cookies policy by email.
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to [email protected]. In practice, you will have expressly agreed in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes – that is we will not provide you with our email newsletter, notifications or other marketing communications unless you have requested them.
You may ask us to delete the personal information we hold for you. We will delete all that information, unless we have a legal obligation to retain that information, for example, you have made a donation and we need to maintain your details to satisfy the requirements of government agencies and our auditors.
9. Third party websites
The Good On You app and website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated by sending an email to [email protected].
If you have any questions about this privacy and cookies policy or our treatment of your personal information, please write to us
By email: [email protected]
Or by post:
Good On You
Suite 1, Level 1
2-12 Foveaux St,
Surry Hills, 2010
12. Data controller
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Good On You Pty Ltd, ACN 608419085
All text and video on this site is copyright Good On You Pty Ltd and Ethical Consumers Australia Inc. You may make “fair use” of the material as if the fair use provisions of US copyright were applicable in your country . You also use the material for any non-commercial purpose provided you attribute it as © Good On You.