Good On You uses the power of consumer choices to create a sustainable future. We’re creating a world where it’s easy for anyone, anywhere to shop sustainably.
We’re looking for a visionary Product Manager to lead the development of the technology that drives Good On You’s proprietary sustainability ratings methodology.
Working closely with Good On You’s CEO and senior team, you will be instrumental in building and growing the systems and digital tools that underpin our mission to empower millions of shoppers to know the impact of brands and buy better.
In this new position, you will be responsible for leading the continued development of the data systems that underpin Good On You’s world leading brand ratings.
You will use your exceptional systems thinking, data analysis, and stakeholder engagement skills to identify and implement strategies that increase our ratings capacity. This includes managing the design and build of improved systems, and playing a key role in ensuring that our ratings remain robust, up to date, and easy to use.
The right person will bring a strategic mind that sees and contributes to the bigger picture, together with the flexibility to manage the wide variety of tasks typical in a startup environment.
What you’ll do
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a multi year roadmap for the evolution of the core platform that powers Good On You including
- Identify and implement opportunities to automate data collection, processing and delivery
- Manage the ongoing development of tools that empower brands to efficiently view and submit public data relevant to their Good On You rating
- Work with with the Head of Ratings to improve our rating algorithms and ensure we are constantly enriching ratings with relevant data points
- Maintain Good On You’s position as the world most robust source of sustainability brand ratings
- Ensure we focus on the most material data and process it in the most efficient way
- Coordinate projects to extend Good On You brand ratings to individual fashion products and to new product categories such as beauty and home decor
- Manage automating, scaling and extending our core product systems in collaboration with the development team through
- User interviews and data analysis,
- Oversight of design, development, testing and deployment
- Work with the CEO, CTO, Head of Product and Operations Manager to assess and improve our end-to-end data systems and product development
- Plan and document our research and development activities
What you’ll bring to the role
- Passion for sustainability and commitment to the mission of Good On You
- Demonstrated ability to use systems thinking combined with analytical skills to make robust recommendations and decisions based on data and user insights
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills including the ability to engage and understand product users and keep the team focussed on user needs and measurable impact
- Experience managing the end to end delivery of digital products or processes including
- Ability to work with product/UX designers to produce clear and concise build requirements and mock ups
- Ability to coordinate and support development activity
- Experience with systems architecture and/or data management
- Ability to thrive in the sometimes ambiguous environment of an ambitious, social impact startup
- Qualifications in product management, data analytics, computer science or similar, or equivalent experience
- Experience in sustainability, fashion, supply chains, or ESG will be highly regarded
- Enthusiasm about what you can bring to a global digital business helping to solve some of the world’s biggest social and environmental problems
About Good On You
Good On You is the #1 sustainability ratings and discovery platform for consumer products, starting with fashion. We empower consumers to know the impact of brands and buy better.
Good On You mobile and web apps give users access to sustainability information where and when they need it. Over 1 million shoppers use Good On You each month to check 3500+ brand ratings and discover new brands that match their sustainable style.
Underpinning Good On You is a robust brand rating system, which aggregates leading industry standards and company data into a simple consumer-facing score. More than 100 global retailers and tech platforms like Farfetch, Afterpay and Microsoft use Good On You ratings to improve their sustainability and reach conscious shoppers.
Why work for us?
Come join a passionate and collaborative global team that lives for meaningful work. We’re making a real impact on important problems!
In this role you’ll have the chance to shape how we do things, in particular to build the product organisation that you want to be a part of.
We focus on achieving goals rather than hours spent on a task. We are a truly remote company with an established ‘work from anywhere’ policy–our 20 team members live and work all over the world. We understand that flexibility is key to productivity and job satisfaction.
For this specific role we prefer that you can work in the Australian east coast time zone, but we will also consider standout candidates from other regions.
Good On You’s commitment to diversity is fundamental to our company values and mission. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We also welcome requests or suggestions to adapt the recruitment process and the working conditions to meet applicants’ needs.
Reports to: CEO
Hours: Full time
Location: Remote. Headquarters are in Sydney, Australia. For this role location in Australia is desirable.
How to apply
Please complete this form to express your interest in joining Good On You.