Good On You uses the power of consumer choices to create a sustainable future. We’re creating a world where it’s easy for anyone, anywhere to shop sustainably.
The Ratings Analyst is a core part of the team that is the driving force behind Good On You’s comprehensive database of ethical brand ratings.
As a core member of our ratings team you will be responsible for assessing the impact of consumer brands on key sustainability issues, based on their public disclosures and other credible public information. You will also contribute to novel industry research and to the further development of our rating methodology and technical tools.
What you’ll do
Your primary task will be to research how the operations of brands impact on people, planet, and animals, by applying the latest Good On You rating methodology, systems and tools.
You may also be involved in one or more additional areas, including to
- Support the development of the Good On You rating, methodology including testing its application and providing feedback for improvement
- Undertake research to identify emerging good practice for sustainable brands
- Analyse data from Good On You’s database to identify trends
- Support the Good On You founders and team to deliver on the business objectives and strategy
What you’ll bring to the role
- A passion for sustainability and commitment to Good On You’s mission
- Excellent communication, research and time management skills
- Knowledge of the environmental, labour, and/or animal issues facing fashion brands.
- A deep understanding of labour rights, supply chain transparency, worker empowerment, and diversity and inclusion is particularly desirable
- An ability to understand and analyse complex and lengthy technical information
- An enthusiastic and supportive approach, with the ability to work effectively in collaboration with others
Willingness to work flexible hours from time to time as part of a globally located remote team
- Experience in a ratings agency, working on fashion supply chains, or policy research or advocacy on environmental, social and/or animal welfare issues
- Ideally, experience in a similar startup environment and/or a relevant qualification (eg human rights, international development)
About Good On You
Good On You is fashion’s go-to source for sustainability ratings, trusted by leading e-commerce platforms to promote conscious products to consumers all around the world.
Good On You’s vision is to use the power of consumer choices to create a more sustainable future. We make that possible through retail technology that’s changing the way people shop and our innovative platform Good Measures, the sustainability hub that helps brands improve their impacts.
Today, millions of consumers use our mobile app and web tools to check more than 5,000 brand ratings. Major companies, including Microsoft, FARFETCH, and Shaftesbury, use our turnkey solution and rich ratings data—considering 1,000 data points across 100 key issues for each brand—to power a range of shopping experiences and sustainability initiatives. Good On You is endorsed by leading industry bodies and sustainability advocates, including Emma Watson.
Why work for us?
- Be a part of a passionate and collaborative global team making a real impact on important problems
- Work in a diverse environment where you will be encouraged to share your ideas and suggest improvements
- Focus on achieving goals rather than hours spent on a task
- Join a truly remote company with an established ‘work from anywhere’ policy; We believe flexibility is key to productivity and job satisfaction
- Access benefits including
- Annual allowance to set up your work space
- Annual allowance for personal and professional development
- Annual allowance for personal wellbeing
- Generous leave
Good On You’s commitment to diversity is fundamental to our company values and mission. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We also welcome requests or suggestions to adapt the recruitment process and the working conditions to meet applicants’ needs.
Reports to: Head of Ratings
Hours: Full time; Flexible work hours considered.
Location: Fully remote. Headquarters are in Sydney, Australia.
How to apply
Please complete this form to express your interest in joining Good On You.