Good On You is a world leader in sustainability ratings for consumer brands. Our data and tech empowers consumers to know the impact of brands and buy better.
Our commitment to diversity is a core value. We encourage applicants from different backgrounds to apply if this job is right for you, even if you feel like you don’t meet all the requirements. We also welcome requests or suggestions to adapt the recruitment process and working conditions to meet your needs.
Position: Social Media Manager and Copywriter
Reports to: Digital Strategist
Hours: Flexible, part-time, ~20 hours per week
Location: Remote. You can “work from anywhere” provided you have access to what you need to do the job. You will also need to be available for a certain amount of meetings with your team. Most team members are located in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne) and Europe.
We’re looking for a skilled Social Media Manager, with a focus on copywriting for social media channels. This role exists to help us deliver on our editorial content plan and key business goals. In particular, you will be responsible for creating high-quality content to build Good On You’s brand reputation, grow our community, and promote our B2B services across key social channels.
Our ultimate goals on social media are to:
- Become the go-to accounts for sustainable fashion and industry news, expert knowledge/in-depth analysis, and inspiration
- Build the brand reputation of our ratings methodology, the most trusted and widely adopted in the fashion industry
- Grow, connect with and nurture an engaged community by creating content that’s useful and informative
- Support Good On You’s business plans by promoting our tools and services that help the world’s leading platforms and retailers assess, source, and market better brands
Our social media presence and content help our audience:
- Learn more about sustainability and stay up to date with sustainable fashion news, from the #1 ratings platform on the planet
- Find inspiration for making more conscious fashion choices
- Identify, support, and promote more sustainable brands
- Curate, create and post social media content that provides strong value for Good On You target audiences and partners across key social media channels (Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Maintain regular, responsive, valuable and on-brand communications with the Good On You community on social media
- Track, analyse and report on the impact of social media activities and campaigns
- Stay on top of new developments in social media tactics, audience preferences and sustainable fashion trends to drive new initiatives
- Work closely with the Content and Sales teams to deliver promotional content for partner brands and help generate new leads
- Devise and manage future paid social media campaigns and influencer partnerships
- Collaborate with the Digital Strategist to develop, update or implement social media strategies to promote our value proposition to consumers and customers and build Good On You’s brand reputation
- Support the Good On You founders and team to deliver on the wider business growth and impact goals
What you’ll bring
Personal qualities and skills
You will be a great fit for Good On You if you:
- Have a passion for sustainability and a commitment to our vision
- Have a good understanding of sustainability issues in fashion
- Have a flair for written and visual communications
- Are curious and ready to experiment with new platforms and formats
- Have strong analytical and reporting skills, and the ability to use data to drive effective decisions
- Have excellent organisational skills and an attention to detail
- Thrive in a remote work environment where you can manage your own time and work independently, while still actively collaborating with a distributed team
- A proven track record in social media content creation and community management, ideally in fashion or similar
- Excellent B2C and B2B copywriting skills
- Exceptional ability to build and manage engagement with large audiences across multiple social media channels (Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn)
- A creative mindset with a demonstrated ability to conceptualise and deliver high-quality and on-brand content
- As the role involves copywriting for English speaking audiences, excellent English writing and grammar skills are key
- Nice to have: video editing skills and an interest in emerging visual formats
About Good On You
Good On You’s vision is to use the power of consumer choices to create a more sustainable future. We make that possible through retail technology that’s changing the way people shop and our innovative platform Good Measures, the sustainability hub that helps brands improve their impacts.
Today, millions of consumers use our mobile app and web tools to check more than 5,000 brand ratings. Major companies, including Microsoft, FARFETCH, and Shaftesbury, use our turnkey solution and rich ratings data—considering 1,000 data points across 100 key issues for each brand—to power a range of shopping experiences and sustainability initiatives. Good On You is endorsed by leading industry bodies and sustainability advocates, including Emma Watson.
Why work for us?
- Be a part of a passionate and collaborative global team making a real impact on important problems
- Work in a diverse environment where you will be encouraged to share your ideas and suggest improvements
- Focus on achieving goals rather than hours spent on a task
- Join a truly remote company with an established ‘work from anywhere’ policy; We believe flexibility is key to productivity and job satisfaction
- Access benefits including generous leave provisions and an annual allowance to support working-from-home expenses, personal development and wellbeing
- Please use this short form to express interest and provide work samples
- Interview with our Digital Strategist and Editor-at-large
- (Optional) Brief writing exercise
- Interview with our co-founder and Digital Strategist