Good On You uses the power of consumer choices to create a sustainable future. We’re the world’s go-to source for trusted brand ratings and leading sustainable fashion.
We’re looking for an experienced sales manager to build key customer relationships with, and deliver unique value to, emerging ethical fashion brands from all over the world.
Working closely with Good On You’s founders, you will play a key role in developing the business model and strategy in a fast paced startup with a social impact mission.
About Good On You
Our vision is for a world where consumer’s shopping choices drive brands to be more sustainable and fair. We make it easy for anyone, anywhere to shop their values.
The Good On You app and Directory provide users with easy access to empowering information where and when they need it. Each month more than 300,000 shoppers in Australia, the US and Europe use Good On You to check 2000+ brand ratings and discover better brands.
Retailers like Farfetch use Good On You data insights to improve their sustainability and reach conscious shoppers.
Underpinning Good On You is effective content marketing and a robust rating methodology, endorsed by leading industry bodies, retailers and advocates including Emma Watson.
By 2020 we aim to rate 10,000 brands and reach 5 million users globally.
Good On You connects conscious shoppers to retailers all around the globe with our marketing and data services.
The purpose of this role is to achieve Good On You’s sales goals for our marketing services products and create unique value for leading sustainable fashion brands.
You will work with the Head of Business Development to identify opportunities, understand potential customers’ needs, and raise awareness of and sell Good On You marketing services. This includes building and maintaining customer relationships and driving exposure of Good On You’s curated selection of member brands, as well as supporting our affiliate marketing program.
You will also contribute to the development of Good On You’s marketing and sales strategy and drive initiatives to help accelerate our reach and growth.
The role may extend to selling Good On You data services products in the future.
What you will do
- Identify target customers, understand their marketing needs and the value Good On You services can offer
- Promote and sell marketing memberships to a curated selection of fashion brands, and manage the delivery of services to members
- Effectively manage accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and retention
- Refer appropriate retailer customers to the Good On You affiliate network and support their set up and performance tracking
- Work with the team to develop and deliver on sales plans to reach monthly targets
- Review and improve inbound and outbound marketing and sales processes
- Develop strong relationships with brands and retailers who are existing or potential marketing and data services customers
- Act on orders received, monitor success and provide reporting to customers
- Monitor sales performance and provide advice to Good On You leadership
- Be an external advocate of the Good On You vision, purpose and brand
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in sales and account management
- Experience with CRM processes and tools (eg Streak)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for client prospecting
- A good understanding of the marketing opportunities available to fashion retailers
- A good understanding of retail, in particular fashion and ecommerce
- Attention to detail and a passion for using data to drive sales and improve processes
- A strong commitment to creating positive change by promoting ethical shopping
- Eager to learn and be flexible in a fast-paced startup environment
Who will you work with?
Reporting to Sandra Capponi, Co Founder and Head of Business Development, you will be part of a distributed (remote) team of fashion enthusiasts, writers, sustainability experts, campaigners and developers who have come together to build the world’s best source of ethical fashion brand ratings and information.
What’s in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to use your sales experience and knowledge of sustainable fashion to contribute to a cause you are passionate about while learning quickly in a rapidly developing social impact start-up.
Why is this important?
Our goal is to make ethical shopping as easy as ‘regular’ shopping. Our vision is a world where consumers choices drive businesses to be sustainable and fair. We harness the power of millions of everyday consumer decisions to reduce environmental degradation, unfair and unsafe working conditions and harm to animals.
In the future, all fashion brands will have to show how they are being ethical and sustainable. People will check the ethical story of the clothes they buy as often and as easily as they check the sizing or price. It will no longer be acceptable for fashion brands to exploit people, the animals or the environment.
Hours: Part time; Flexible work hours.
Location: This is a remote position ideally based in London, Berlin, Melbourne, or elsewhere in Europe or Australia.