Good On You is a world leader in sustainability ratings for consumer brands. Our data and tech empowers consumers to know the impact of brands and buy better.
Our commitment to diversity is a core value. We encourage applicants from different backgrounds to apply if this job is right for you, even if you feel like you don’t meet all the requirements. We also welcome requests or suggestions to adapt the recruitment process and working conditions to meet your needs.
You will be instrumental in creating products that empower millions of shoppers to know the impact of brands and buy better.
What you’ll do
You will be a key part of our global team creating products for consumers, brands and retailers that make sustainable production and consumption possible.
As the design lead for Good On You, you will be responsible for building the design systems and design culture while managing the full design process from research and concept development through build-ready designs to testing, acceptance and iteration.
Specifically, you will:
- Ideate and design new features to deliver on our product strategy across a diverse product ecosystem:
- SaaS products to best meet the needs of enterprise customers using Good On You to advance their sustainability initiatives
- The brand rating system that enables our internal team to produce valuable sustainability data as efficient, effective, robust and automated as possible
- The Good On You app, directory, and award winning journal that enable direct engagement with consumers seeking a more sustainable future
- Lead user research projects and interpret usage and other data to drive product strategy, problem discovery, concept development and iteration
- Manage and facilitate design processes across multiple streams of product work to enable collaborative ideation and concept development, UX flows, prototyping, testing, and execution of world class design
- Collaborate with stakeholders in tech, sales, customer experience, ratings and content to shape solutions that deliver on business strategies
- Be a custodian of Good On You’s unique brand identity and help to develop the expression of the brand across products
- Develop and maintain design systems and standards to streamline the implementation of consistent and meaningful UX/UI design across our products
What you’ll bring to the role
- Passion for sustainability and commitment to the mission of Good On You
- Good intuition and empathy for the needs of our diverse target users – consumers, brands, retailers, tech companies, Good On You ratings analysts and more
- 3+ years of professional UX/product design experience and proven experience across the design process including user research, concept development, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- A keen eye for creating simple and self-evident product design that is clean, scalable and engaging
- Demonstrated ability in communication and collaboration to help navigate ambiguity and to champion design practice within a diverse team environment
- An eye for detail, and able to get to the root of the problem with a user-centric lens
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
You can ‘work from anywhere’ provided you have access to what you need to do the job. You will also need to be available for a certain amount of meetings with your team. Most team members are located in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne) and Europe including the UK.
About Good On You
Good On You is the go-to source for fashion and beauty sustainability ratings, trusted by leading e-commerce platforms to promote conscious products to consumers all around the world.
Good On You’s vision is to use the power of consumer choices to create a more sustainable future. We make that possible through retail technology that’s changing the way people shop and our innovative platform Good Measures, the sustainability hub that helps brands improve their impacts.
Today, millions of consumers use our mobile app and web tools to check more than 5,000 brand ratings. Major companies, including Microsoft, FARFETCH, and Shaftesbury, use our turnkey solution and rich ratings data—considering 1,000 data points across 100 key issues for each brand—to power a range of shopping experiences and sustainability initiatives. Good On You is endorsed by leading industry bodies and sustainability advocates, including Emma Watson.
Why work for us?
- Be a part of a passionate and collaborative global team making a real impact on important problems
- Work in a diverse environment where you will be encouraged to share your ideas and suggest improvements
- Focus on achieving goals rather than hours spent on a task
- Join a truly remote company with an established ‘work from anywhere’ policy; We believe flexibility is key to productivity and job satisfaction
- Access benefits including generous leave provisions and an annual allowance to support working-from-home expenses, personal development and wellbeing
Reports to: Head of Product
Hours: Full time
Location: Remote. Headquarters are in Sydney, Australia
How to apply
Please complete this form to express your interest in joining Good On You.