Good On You uses the power of consumer choices to create a sustainable future in fashion. We’re creating a world where it’s easy for anyone, anywhere to shop sustainably.
We’re now looking for a dynamic Head of Content who combines a commitment to our mission with a strategic approach to engaging a large, global audience of fashion shoppers and retailers.
About Good On You
Good On You is the #1 sustainability ratings and discovery platform for fashion. We empower consumers to know the impact of brands and buy better.
Good On You mobile and web apps give users access to sustainability information where and when they need it. Over 900,000 shoppers use Good On You each month to check 3000+ brand ratings and discover new brands that match their sustainable style. This year we’re headed for 10,000 brand ratings and 5 million users worldwide.
Our brand is endorsed by leading industry bodies and advocates including Emma Watson. Retailers like Farfetch use Good On You ratings to improve their sustainability and reach new consumer markets.
Good On You’s commitment to diversity is fundamental to our company values and mission. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We also welcome requests or suggestions to adapt the recruitment process and the working conditions to meet applicants’ needs.
Good On You is a fully remote team with 13 employees working across 7 countries. We are growing our team to meet the accelerating demand for sustainable fashion from conscious shoppers and retailers all around the world.
You will be responsible for ensuring that Good On You’s content delights, inspires and creates value for users.
You’ll own the development and execution of the digital content strategy, and the voice of the brand.
You’ll manage the content team to create timely, high impact content for our digital channels and PR to build the Good On You brand; acquire, engage and retain users; and market to customers.
Reports to: Good On You Co-Founder
Reports: Content Manager, Social Media Manager
Hours: Full Time
Location: Remote. Headquarters are in Sydney Australia.
1. Grow the Good On You audience
- Develop and implement ambitious and original content strategies that drive organic traffic, engage users and support user retention:
- use best-practice SEO to look for new content opportunities and optimise existing content
- identify the highest-impact content types and optimise distribution through new and existing channels including social media
- build capacity to publish diverse content types including video, short form and other more visual content
- Stay on top of market data and new knowledge related to sustainable fashion issues, trends, events and emerging platforms to drive strategy development
- Continuously review and improve the content strategy by monitoring and reporting on performance, reviewing user/customer feedback, and developing and testing hypotheses
- Work with the Head of Ratings and team to showcase Good On You’s expertise in assessing the sustainability performance of thousands of brands
- Provide advice to the Product team to increase user value and SEO performance
2. Support and grow our partner network
- Work with the Head of Business Development to plan, create and evaluate marketing content targeting fashion brands and retailers that benefit from Good On You’s ratings data and traffic.
- Work with cross-functional teams to maximise benefit to our partners while prioritising value to users
3. Build the Good On You brand
- Ensure all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality and voice
- Leverage Good On You content and data to create PR opportunities that establish Good On You as a leading authority on responsible consumption and production (SDG 12), trusted brand ratings and sustainable style
4. Champion the Good On You strategy and culture
- Play a leading role in the development and implementation of the overall Good On You strategy
- Help build a culture that expresses Good On You’s purpose and values
- Manage and grow an exceptional team responsible for content creation, messaging and social media
- Collaborate with peers to ensure cross team processes and behaviours are effective in achieving our business and impact goals
You are creative and analytical. You bring the right mix of empathy and experimentation, passion and precision. More specifically you have
- A deep intuition and empathy for Good On You users and a strong ability to identify content that will engage and inspire them
- Quality experience as a content leader and brand builder with a record of delivering strong business growth through content and social media marketing
- A wide range of creative and editorial skills based on solid experience in content creation, journalism and SEO-based digital marketing, with qualifications in one or more of those areas
- The ability to scrutinise content performance and use data analytics to guide business decisions and test and optimise content
- Deep knowledge of sustainable fashion issues, influencers, and trends
- Excellent communication skills with an open and collaborative style, and comfort working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged
- High tolerance for change, and a proactive, “get it done” attitude in an ever-changing environment
- The ability to lead, support and inspire a dynamic distributed team of content and social media creators
How to apply
Please use this short form to express interest.
Applications close at 12 midnight UTC on Wednesday 26 May 2021.