Good On You uses the power of consumer choices to create a sustainable future. We’re building the world’s most trusted brand rating system and online discovery platform, starting with the fashion industry.
We’re looking for a full stack developer to support our tech team in a fast paced technology-enabled startup with a social impact mission.
Working closely with Good On You’s Head of Tech, you will be instrumental in developing digital tools to empower millions of shoppers to know the impact of brands and buy better.
You will make meaningful contributions to the codebase of a large scale application, and work in a diverse environment where you will be encouraged to share your ideas and suggested improvements.
We are a truly remote and distributed company with an established ‘work from anywhere’ policy. We have no physical offices and our 20 team members live and work all over the world. We recognise your contributions, not the time spent on a chair. Work from home, a co-working space, a café or anywhere you have a stable connection.
About Good On You
Our vision is for a world where consumers’ shopping choices drive brands to be more sustainable and fair. We make it easy for anyone, anywhere to shop their values.
The Good On You app and Directory provide users with easy access to empowering information where and when they need it. Each month, around 1 million shoppers in Australia, the US and Europe use Good On You to check 3,500 brand ratings and discover better brands.
Major global fashion retailers like Farfetch and Yoox-Net A Porter group use Good On You brand rating data to improve their sustainability and reach conscious shoppers. Platforms like Afterpay and Microsoft (Bing and Edge) use our data to provide value to their users.
Underpinning Good On You is a robust brand rating methodology, endorsed by leading industry bodies, retailers and advocates, including Emma Watson.
Good On You has a proven business model and is scaling rapidly with the support of investors located in the UK, US and Australia. By 2023 we aim to rate 10,000 brands and reach 10s of millions of users globally.
In this new position, Full Stack Engineer, you will help shape Good On You’s solution development and impact. As one of four developers at Good On You you will contribute to all technical aspects of Good On You’s strategy, product development and system operation.
Your main area of responsibility will be building polished user-facing tools to empower shoppers to make choices that change the world for the better.
What you’ll bring to the role
Strong engineering fundamentals
- Full stack development and delivery capabilities on MERN based applications
- SOLID code
- Developing highly scalable code and systems
- An appetite to discover and learn new technologies
FE development experience
- Knowledge of React, Redux and Styled components
- Experience working with React Native
- Experience with next.js or equivalent SSR frameworks
BE development experience
- Experience working with Node.js / Express / Feathers
- Understanding of NoSQL and familiarity with MongoDB
- Understanding of RESTful APIs design and implementation
- Experience with PostGREs or similar RDBMS
Effective product delivery
- A focus on understanding the needs of internal and external users and translating those needs into functional, production ready code
- Product focused mindset to deliver value to our users
- Capacity to work with product owners and product managers to deliver meaningful improvements in user experience on a regular cycle
- Comfort working with geographically distributed teams
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience collaborating with designers to build elegant user interfaces
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical people directly and using Slack, Jira, Trello, Zoom and similar
Passion for sustainability and commitment to the mission of Good On You
- Qualifications in computer science or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience in the field
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Exposure to the Parse framework
- Exposure to PHP and WordPress
- Experience working with Figma
- Understanding CI/CD and life cycles of app development
- Familiarity working with AWS and exposure to DevOps processes
- Basic understanding of Python
Reports to: Head of Tech
Hours: Full time
Location: Remote. Headquarters are in Sydney, Australia
How to apply
Please use this short form to express your interest in joining Good On You.