Good On You uses the power of consumer choices to create a sustainable future in fashion. We’re creating a world where it’s easy for anyone, anywhere to shop sustainably.
We’re now looking for a dynamic Business Development Manager who combines a commitment to our mission with a strategic approach to winning new business and supporting our customers to succeed.
About Good On You
Good On You is the #1 sustainability ratings and discovery platform for fashion. We empower consumers to know the impact of brands and buy better.
Good On You mobile and web apps give users access to sustainability information where and when they need it. Over 900,000 shoppers use Good On You each month to check 3000+ brand ratings and discover new brands that match their sustainable style.
Our brand is endorsed by leading industry bodies and advocates including Emma Watson. More than 100 global retailers like Farfetch and Afterpay use Good On You ratings to improve their sustainability and reach new consumer markets.
Good On You’s commitment to diversity is fundamental to our company values and mission. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We also welcome requests or suggestions to adapt the recruitment process and the working conditions to meet applicants’ needs.
Good On You is a fully distributed team with 15 employees working across 7 countries. We are growing our team to meet the accelerating demand for sustainable fashion from conscious shoppers and retailers all around the world.
About the role
The Business Development Manager will play a critical role in driving Good On You’s growth by attracting, retaining and adding new value for customers, in particular data services clients. These clients are typically large multi-brand fashion retailers and innovative platforms that are looking to improve their sustainability credentials and win new consumer markets. Data services customers use Good On You ratings data to assess, source and promote sustainable brands.
You are proactive and compelling. You bring the right mix of insight and experimentation, passion and precision.
More specifically you have
- A deep intuition and empathy for fashion retailers and a hunger to chase and close new business deals
- Quality experience in B2B business development, sales, account management and/or marketing, ideally in the fashion or retail industry, with a record of delivering strong business growth
- The ability to identify emerging opportunities, establish rapport with key decision-makers, and manage complex tasks and relationships
- Solid knowledge of sustainable fashion issues, players and trends
- The ability to scrutinise process and performance and use data insights to guide business decisions
- Excellent communication skills with an open and collaborative style, and comfort working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged
- The ability to present information in a clear, concise and compelling manner, including creating effective presentations and other sales and marketing material
- High tolerance for change, and a proactive, “get it done” attitude in an ever-changing environment
- The ability to support a dynamic distributed team of tech, sustainability content and sales experts
What you will do
- Develop new customer opportunities for Good On You services to retailers, in particular selling ratings data to help them assess, source and market sustainable brands
- Research target market trends and key contacts to identify and explore new opportunities
- Engage potential clients to establish rapport, arrange meetings, and help secure ongoing business
- Work closely with Good On You Head of Business Development to evolve the B2B sales and marketing strategy
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiatives to drive customer awareness, acquisition and reputation
- Represent Good On You at relevant industry events and meetings
- Develop proposals, quotes and contracts for clients
- Manage existing accounts including regular customer communications to ensure their needs are understood and met
- Explore new opportunities to increase the value of customer relationships
- Measure and report on progress against team goals, and use insights to continuously improve strategies for increasing sales
- Review and improve sales processes to create efficiencies in how we work
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure cross team processes and behaviours are effective in achieving our overall business and impact goals
- Help build a culture that expresses Good On You’s purpose and values
Reports to: Good On You Co-Founder
Hours: Full time
Location: Remote. Headquarters are in Sydney, Australia.
How to Apply
Please complete this form by close of business Thursday 5 August 2021.